- Waking up while it’s light, getting home while it’s light
- The invention of glasses (and contacts)
- Someone singing to themselves in the street (could be me…)
- A photograph of some place beautiful I went to
- Remembering a time before the internet (yeah, I’m old…)
- The fact that so many people feel the need to write a book (never shy for something to read)
- A message from an old friend that you didn’t expect
- People moving far away so I can come and visit them
- Ties (mostly when taking them off)
- The boomerang. Think about it, how cool is that?
- Maps. And the implication of how much there is left to explore
- Hearing Spanish in the street and almost understanding what is being said
- Friends throwing parties
- Getting lost and finding something unexpected that you never would have found otherwise
- A meeting that gets canceled, so I can get some actual work done
- Someone planning a meeting so I get a moment’s break from the boring work
- The sun reflected on water. With a duck
- The sound that freshly fallen snow makes when you walk on it
- Finally getting it right
- Quantum physics (I don’t see economists putting cats in boxes to proof their theories!)
- Semi colons
- Being too ill to go to work but not ill enough to feel really bad (don’t want to infect the others you see…)
- Being the first to tell someone the good news
Take a moment. What random things are you grateful for?
I’m Bastiaan. This blog is meant to give you some insight into the things I run into and perhaps to inspire you to go in search of your own life extraordinaire.
I love to connect, so if you have thoughts, ideas or questions based on this (or another) post, please leave me a comment!