I stopped being amazed by the fact that the world keeps amazing me…When growing up, when studying, when traveling, I found that the more you learn, the more there is to learn. The more you see, the more you find there is to see. The more you grow, the more there is to grow (this in a purely mental sense. I’m quite convince that I won’t be growing taller anymore).
For me this created a large sense of wonder about the world. Always wanting to know more (though at some point you do actually know enough about Lie-algebras to last you the rest of your life…). Always wanting a bigger challenge (from a more complicated box of Lego when I was a small kid, to taking on the world now that I’m a big kid).
There are few things that I wouldn’t be happy to try. Some of my current passions however are: Playing the saxophone, capoeira, good food (hmmmmmmmm! Sushi! Both for eating and for cooking), quantitative modeling (yes, I actually enjoy what I (used to) do for work), improvisational theater (even though it’s been a while since I did that).
I would love to learn (more about) a number of things: Dance the tango (talk about passionate!), hypnosis (I know a little bit about this and it seems like a very interesting way getting more in contact with the subconscious), diving, body language, writing (a book and to improve this blog).
My guiding principles in life are:
- Practice what you preach, lead by example;
- If a number of people can do something, then I can learn to do it as well;
- If something scares me, I should go towards it and not shy away from it;
- If it doesn’t work, try something else. Anything else;
- Even if it does work, try something new once and awhile;
- There is no such thing as failure, only feedback;
- The goal is not important, it’s walking the path towards it that counts;
Currently I am very actively searching about what I want to do with my life, how I can best lead it. You can find a lot about this soul-searching in the pages on this blog.
I love to connect, so don’t hesitate to contact me!
Al the best!